Making pickles isn’t an exact science, and there is lots of room for experimenting. If you’ve never made pickles before, I suggest you do a little research to get familiar with the basics.
To make three, 1 quart jars or six 1/2 quart jars:
2 1/4 cups vinegar (more or less to taste)
3 1/4 cups water
1 tbsp kosher salt
1/4 cup sugar
3 tbsp pickling mix
Hot peppers (dried or fresh) if desired
1. Sterilize three 1 quart jars
2. Add lids to boiling water, take off boil but keep hot
3. Put 1 tbsp pickling spice mix (and 1 or 2 hot peppers) into each jar
4. Stuff each jar with washed and cut garlic scapes and carrot sticks
5. Heat vinegar, water, sugar and salt to boil
6. Fill each jar with the hot liquid, top with hot lid and screw on the ring
7. The lid should seal as the liquid cools. If it doesn’t seal, store in fridge or process the jars in a hot water bath.
8. Let sit in cool place for two weeks or longer