Here’s a sweet treat no-crap recipe that you will enjoy hot from the oven or as cold left overs. You can make them for after school, late night nibbles, or as a take along snack for tomorrow. Don’t even think about peeling the fiber rich skin off.
Sweet Potatoes are high alkaline forming, gluten free and safe for diabetics.
One fist size organic sweet potato per person
Sea Salt or powdered Kelp
Optional Dry Herbs (such as Basil, Rosemary, Oregano, etc)
- Heat oven to 400F
- Wash well and cut into approximate 1/2 inch thick sticks. (Don’t cut too thin or they will burn.)
- Put into a large bowl and lightly toss with olive oil.
- If using dry herbs, use a half tablespoon of dry herb for each sweet potato. Rub the dry herb between the palms of your hands to energize. Let the energized herbs fall into the bowl.
- Use your hands to mix everything together.
- Place on cookie sheet.
- Lightly sprinkle with a little sea salt or powdered kelp.
- Bake for 40 – 50 minutes, turning once about half way through the cooking time.
- The Bakes are done when you can pierce them with a fork.
Enjoy hot from the oven or as a cold snack. Will keep in the fridge for several days.